Today Tara convinced me to cook turkey chili for the first time. I decided to ask for recipes via Twitter and received plenty of ideas from my friends. Here are a few you might want to check out:
Chunky Turkey Chili
Turkey Chicken Chili
Crock Pot Turkey Chili (HOT)
I decided to take a little of each of these recipes and come up with my own recipe. My recipe includes two of my favorite ingredients – beer and easy. This recipe is designed for a crockpot, it takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 4 hours to cook.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 small green and 1 small red pepper (diced)
- 4 long green finger peppers (diced)
- 1 can rotel – Mexican flavored diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can of Goya black beans
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 square Bakers unsweetend chocolate
- 4 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons of pepper.
- 10 tablespoons of Cholula hot sauce
- 1 bottle of Negra Medelo
- Brown 1 lb. of ground turkey in a pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- Dump all the ingredients in a crock pot set on high.
- Open another beer. Drink. Smile. Yes…you are awesome.
- Wait four hours.
- Tweet out to your friends that you are cooking #tedsmagicchili.
- Serve with sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese in a bowl.
You may be asking yourself what’s the surprise!?! The surprise is that a hour or two after eating this recipe you will start burping beautiful chili burps that bring the magic back over and over.